Ayurveda is a system that promotes holistic well-being and health and its wisdom has been passed on from one generation to another. It originated in ancient India and focuses on balancing the elements in the body along with spirit and mind. This system is also used to cure and address certain health issues faced by women in their lives.
Women's Health: An Ayurvedic Approach
Every person has a constitution of mind and body that is known by the name ‘Prakriti’ in Ayurveda. Three main doshas are Kapha, Pitta and Dosha that are the baseline of Prakriti. Ayurveda works well for all phases and problems in women's health. Below is a detailed explanation of the same:
- Menstrual Health: Menstrual cycle is an excellent indicator of women's overall health and Ayurveda also agreed with this fact. A balanced and healthy menstrual cycle is important for good reproductive health. Women suffering from menstrual flow issues can consume Shatavari and Ashoka to regulate the flow. They are also helpful in menstrual cramps and irregular periods.
- Hormonal Balance: The hormonal fluctuations are quite common in women and a major cause of concern too since they can exhibit certain symptoms that can disrupt life and menstrual cycles. They become more common when the menopause begins. The endocrine system needs to be healthy for maintaining a healthy hormonal balance. Ashwagandha and Shatavari are good for maintaining hormonal balance and help to make the mood swings and hot flashes easier to manage.
- Pregnancy & Stress: Ayurveda promotes care during pregnancy by doing light exercises and having a nutritious diet. Also, many special herbs are also recommended for consumption during this time period. Certain practices are recommended for replenishment and rejuvenation of mother's strength post birth.
- Digestion: A healthy digestive system is the base of a healthy body especially according to Ayurveda. It is recommended to consume fennel seeds and ginger for a good digestion. Also, this helps in a strong immunity, healthy skin and overall well-being.
- Managing Stress: Stress can disrupt life and cause hormonal fluctuations in women if not managed properly. Stress disturbs the balance of doshas and can actually cause many issues. Try to incorporate yoga and meditation for a focused mind.
- Breast Health: Taking care of breasts is equally important as taking care of any other body part. Try to message using herbal oils and have a nutritious diet that supports breast health.
- Healthy Daily Routine: Certain daily practices like oil massage, tongue scraping and also meditating can help to live a healthy life. All these little practices add up to maintain balance in the body.
Ayurveda follows a holistic approach and especially when it comes to women's health, there is plenty of wisdom that they can use in their daily life for a healthy body. By following Ayurvedic rituals, a better and deeper connection with the body can be established to have vitality and longevity. The power of Ayurveda is magical and it empowers women to embark on a journey of a healthy and fit body, mind & soul.