Are you one of those persons who catches a cold easily or are you one of those persons who barely even falls ill? If you belong to the first category then you have landed at the right place. Catching infections frequently can be a sign of weak immunity that can be due to a number of reasons. Lifestyle choices, dietary choices, sedentary lifestyle and lack of nutritious food along with poor sleeping habits all contribute to a weak immunity.
Are you searching for ways to improve your immunity? The best thing is you can do that naturally without consuming any kind of chemical based medicine. There are multiple ayurvedic Lifestyle practices and herbal immunity enhancers that you can include in everyday life to have a better immunity.
- Herbal Tea: By replacing the regular beverages we consume on a daily basis like tea and coffee with the herbal trees can give excellent results when it comes to immunity. The herbal teas are rich in antioxidants and possess anti-inflammatory action as well.
- Herbs: You can begin your day with Pippali, Tulsi or even ginger tea that is excellent for cleansing the respiratory tract. These all are awesome herbal immunity enhancers. Certain herbs like turmeric have been used for strengthening the immunity. This can be easily used with hot milk.
- Seasonal Food: Try to emphasize on consumption of seasonal fruits and vegetables as they work well for a body according to every season and hence keep us immunized against the seasonal infections. Seasonal fruits and veggies work comfortably with our digestive system as our metabolism works differently during all seasons so eating seasonal food makes the process easier.
- Workout: Try to workout at least 45 minutes daily in order to have good overall health. Working out alters the antibodies and results in effective functioning of all the internal organs hence improving the health as well as immune response.
- Meditation: Meditation helps to combat the stress caused due to the hectic and fast paced lifestyle people have these days. Meditation and yoga are excellent relaxation techniques that can be used for managing stress.
- Proper Sleep Schedule: A good quality sleep is as important as any other thing for a good immunity. Try to sleep for at least 7 to 9 hours in order to give proper rest to your body that helps to build a strong immunity. T-cells along with cytokines are produced by the body when we are sleeping that are important for creation of immune response.
Pranayama forms an essential part of Yoga and Ayurveda Lifestyle. These are simple breathing exercises that promote healthy circulation and the capacity of lungs that ensures a good oxygen supply in the whole body making the respiratory health sound.
Abhangya is an Ayurvedic technique used to self-massage the body using herbal oils. Our elders have been doing this since generations as it has numerous benefits. It helps to improve the circulation in the body and also reduces stress.
There are multiple herbal immunity enhancers available that work to strengthen the immune response of the body. Some of them are:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a magical herb that has been used for generations to support immunity. It is also known to lower down the stress level. It encourages the production of immune cells that exhibit anti-inflammatory action.
- Giloy: Giloy is an excellent immunity booster and fights the bacteria and free radicals in order to boost immunity.
- Ayurvedic Supplement: There are ayurvedic supplements available in the market that are made with immunity boosting herbs and work to improve your immunity.
ConclusionAdjusting your lifestyle completely or even partially according to Ayurveda is not easy especially if you have a sedentary lifestyle. Slow and steady changes can pave the way. Incorporating the above listed habits especially the herbal immunity enhancers in your daily life can slowly help you to build immunity and see the changes in your overall well-being.